Thursday, June 27, 2013

More of My Life Notes #2

I'm looking through old journals today and found notes from a writer's conference.
I'll share a few things I jotted down.

  1. Never write about anything you don't love
  2. Gnaw your own bone - write about what you know best
  3. Stalk your calling by observing what consumes your thoughts the most
  4. You are what you read - find writers who drive you to write better sentences than yesterday
  5. Get down on your knees - search your heart for heart - and ASK Him to show you how you are wired.
  6. Your pen is a pen of promise
  7. Write
At the time I attended this writer's conference,  I was Jan's caregiver.  Caregiving and heart ache were what I knew best and I desired to write about our journey.  I find jotted under the above notes these thoughts:

"God is so economical, give Him half an opportunity and He will use everything in your life and turn it into Glory for him.  Father, use our difficult situation for your Glory."
  
Good that has come from Jan's life that I am aware of.
  1. I have become much more sensitive to other's needs because of Jan
  2. I've realized, on a new level, how precious life is
  3. I've determined Jan's life won't be wasted.
  4. When I'm tempted to feel sorry for myself, I think of others who have suffered more
  5. I've learned to take some things off my self to make life easier
  6. I've determined to profit from the pain by being aware that  God is walking through the fire with me and am trusting Him to help me work through the hard places
  7. I realize the Pam before Jan, didn't know what life was all about.
Another Note I wrote to God:  The things I never said Thank you for!
Lord, forgive me that I never said thank you for being able to:
  1. Scratch an itch
  2. Take a step
  3. Ask a question
  4. Say hello
  5. Write a Word
  6. Wipe a hair out of my eyes
  7. Call a name
  8. Eat a steak
  9. Ride a bike
  10. Crawl
  11. Sit
  12. Pick up a penny
  13. Open a purse
  14. Read
  15. Feed myself
  16. Hold my head up
Of course these were written in light of Jan not being able to use her hands,  talk, walk, or see.  

More notes to live by:
  1. When you're in trouble, do you go to phone or the throne?
  2. To have a testimony, I have to go through a test.
  3. God may not work on our time table, but He is never late. 
  4. Do what you can do -- God will do what you can not do!




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

beautiful notes!

Lots of wisdom here <3.

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much!