Thursday, March 19, 2009

Songs That Help the Healing Process

I have always loved music. When I was a young woman and our daughter suffered brain damage, God used many songs to give me strength to endure the trial and even to bring healing to my weary heart. Some that come to mind are "Because He Lives" and "I Am a Promise" and several others sang by the Gaithers. In the loss of my husband, once again music has spoken to my heart and continues to be a salve of healing. Hopefully you can click on the link below and listen to "The Anchor Holds". I love the truth of this song! I pray you will too! I will include the words in case your computer set up does not allow you to listen.......

Words and Music by Lawrence Chewning and Ray Boltz© 1994 - Word Music
I have journeyed through the long, dark night
Out on the open sea,
By faith alone, sight unknown,
And yet His eyes were watching me.
The Anchor holds, though the ship is battered.
The Anchor holds, though the sails are torn.
Well, I have fallen on my knees,as I faced the raging sea,
But the Anchor holds, in spite of the storm.
I've had visions and I've had dreams;
Well, I've even held them in my hands,
But I never knew those dreamscould slip right through
Like they were only grains of sand.
Oh, the Anchor holds, though the ship is battered.
The Anchor holds, though the sails are torn.
Well, I have fallen on my knees, as I faced the raging seas.
Oh, the Anchor holds, in spite of the storm.
Now I have been young, but I am older now.
Oh, and there has been beauty these eyes have seen;
But it was in the night,when I faced the storms of my life.
Oh, that's where God proved His love to me.
The Anchor holds, though the ship is battered.
The Anchor holds, though the sails are torn.
I have fallen, fallen down on my knees, as I faced the raging seas.
But the Anchor holds; Oh, in spite of the storm.
I said I've fallen, fallen down on my knees, as I faced the raging seas;
But the Anchor holds, in spite of the storm.
Another group of songs have been by Jeremy Camp...
click on this..then click on "Carried" and then "Will I Walk By Faith?"
You will only hear a snipet...if you have songs that have helped you, please share a comment with me that others may 'hear' also.
Jeremy Camps wife died of cancer only a few months after they married...I love most of his songs...clipped from his sitet..."'Will I walk by faith even when I cannot see?' It's about learning how to take the next step even when you don't understand what's happening in your life." Another song, 'Take My Life' "is a passionate, worshipful song. It's basically saying, Here I am Lord, take me completely, don't let me hold anything for myself." Jeremy's experiences have given him what he calls an "eternal perspective."
Also Mercy Me's "I Can Only Imagine" has ministered to me greatly and many of their songs..
"Held" by Natalie Grant has also spoken to my heart...so do allow God to minister to you through His people and the music He has given them.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FL112E3NjqU

No comments: